Educating first time voters - with a focus on ages 16-24 - and including all new voters
This single day event provides voters with real training for civic action
and personal responsibility in a community setting.
VIRGIN - A SOVEREIGN PERSON WHO CANNOT BE OWNED
Elements of the Initiative:
- Educational events in key state locations that teach civic responsibility through playful action
- Game like atmosphere with ‘Passports to Power’ for each participant to complete
- Each stop along the journey is an educational center speaking to an aspect of civic duty/responsibility
- Each participant registers to vote if not yet registered
- Entrance, Healthy Food, and Entertainment is free to the youth with a passport
- Candidates (local and national) speak, have town halls live streamed, and engage with participants throughout the event
- All musicians and entertainers share uplifting and inspirational messages - whether as a respite from the day’s events or as a stand alone concert
- Event activities led by college students and young professionals
- Listening Council to hear youth voices and concerns
- Documenting and video recording all aspects of the event, including live streams
Funding Elements of the Initiative:
- Each candidate invests in the event activities
- Individuals and organizations for Progressive Change support event activities
- Businesses for Progressive Change support event functions with in-kind and cash donations (eg organic food, sponsoring a specific entertainer, printing, social media costs, venue, technical support, etc)
- Activists and Progressive Businesses staff Passport Centers and share their perspective with attendees
Passport Centers include:
Art & Culture, Communication, Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Infrastructure, Justice, Nature, Relations, Science, & Wisdom
No specific candidate is recommended by the event, rather we encourage all candidates from all parties to share their vision and why new voters would choose them.
Attendees receive Certification of Completion with hours attended as community service hours, gifts from candidates and vendors, meals, and free entrance to concerts and activities.
Candidates sign up volunteers at their vendor spots.